Terms & Conditions
- This Order serves as a Limited License for use of Content upon PARS’ receipt of this Order and full non-refundable payment.
- Use of Content is not permitted until PARS’ receipt of both this Order and full non-refundable payment.
- All sales are final and non-cancellable upon PARS’ receipt of this Order.
PARS International Corp. (PARS), an authorized agent to sell the Content on behalf of Wirecutter, Inc. (“Licensor”), grants Licensee signing this Order (“Licensee”) the non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable right to reproduce the specified Wirecutter Content associated with the order.
- All artwork specific to this Order will be supplied by PARS. Licensee may not alter (e.g., excerpt or edit text, change fonts or colors of logos) the Content unless approved to do so in writing by PARS.
- Unless otherwise specified in writing by PARS:
- The Content is licensed for English language Use only. If the Content is licensed for Use in any language other than English, Licensee represents that any translation from English to the licensed language will be true and correct and not change the meaning or tone of the Content.
- Licensee may not use the Content to advertise products or services, solicit payment, dues, contributions, or applications for membership, or endorse any individual or group for an elected office.
- The License extends only to the Content specified and is to be used only in the selected Uses for the selected Term.
- Other than licensed herein, PARS grants no rights and makes no warranties with regard to the use of names, people, trademarks, trade dress, registered, unregistered or copyrighted designs or works of art or architecture depicted in any photographs or video material included with the licensed Content. Licensee shall be solely responsible for determining whether any additional permissions are required for its use.
- The Content licensed hereunder may not be sold, transferred, assigned or relicensed by the Licensee.
- CREDIT NOTICE REQUIREMENTS: Licensee shall provide a conspicuous credit notice as follows:
“From Wirecutter ©2020 Wirecutter, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission and protected by the Copyright Laws of the United States. The printing, copying, redistribution, or retransmission of this Content without express written permission is prohibited.”
- If the Content is printed in a tangible media, the credit notice shall accompany the first or last page the Content appears in.
- If the Content is reprinted in digital format, the credit notice and a home page link to https://thewirecutter.com/ shall appear in close proximity to the Content (before or after).
- If the Content appears in a film or video program the credit notice shall appear in “rolling credits” at the beginning or end of the program.
- PARS will revoke the Limited License if Licensee breaches any of the terms of this Order. Revocation is immediate upon Licensee’s receipt of written notice from PARS. PARS also reserves the right to revoke the Limited License for any reason and shall reimburse the Licensee a pro-rata amount of the fees paid for this Order based on the period of Use unless the revocation is based on Licensee’s breach of the terms of this Order, in which case no reimbursement of any fees paid for this Order shall be due.
- Licensee shall indemnify and hold PARS and Wirecutter and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents harmless for any third-party claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees) (“Claims”) arising out of or based on the use of the Content in violation of the Limited License granted under this Order Form. Licensor will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Licensee and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all Claims alleging that Licensee’s use of the Licensed Content pursuant to the terms of this Agreement infringes such third party’s trademark, copyright or other proprietary right.
Product Terms and Conditions
- Non-refundable pre-payment required for all product orders.
- All products are designed according to Publisher guidelines at the discretion of the PARS International Design Team.
- A proof will be sent for approval prior to final production and shipment.
- Standard turnaround time is up to 10 business days following final proof approval.
- Applicable shipping, handling and sales tax will be added to your invoice.
- You acknowledge that if we discover that the product has been distributed in digital format without permission, PARS International may invoice you for such additional usage including an infringement fee and you agree to pay the invoice within 10 days of receipt. This right does not preclude PARS International or the copyright owner from pursuing any additional legal remedy if necessary