Thank you for working with PARS International. We are happy to help you market your company’s appearance in prestigious editorial content.
Licensing Logos and Accolades and utilizing them in your marketing is the best way to boast about your win.
The information provided in these guidelines will help ensure that your company maximizes the value of its purchase while adhering to publisher guidelines and the terms of the license.
- Logos are the graphical representation of a published list or ranking. Logos may also be referred to as brands or badges.
- Annotated Logos are Logos that incorporate an accolade or your company’s name in the design. Example: “3rd Year In A Row!”
- Accolades are text describing the published list or ranking and a company’s standing on the list or ranking. Example: “ABC Bank named #1 on Best Banks list for 2022.”
- Accolades may be subject to publisher review, approval and verification.
- Accolades may be used with or without Logos. Accolade use is subject to the same licensing and layout review policies as Logos.
- All Logo files, including annotated Logos are supplied to you by PARS International.
- Logo files are delivered to you by PARS upon PARS’ receipt of your signed license and full payment. PARS will work closely with you to ensure that you receive your Logo in time to meet your deadline.
- Logos are delivered in high resolution .jpg or .eps format. Other formats may be available on request.
- Sample Logos can be provided in advance of licensing or editorial embargo upon request. These Sample Logos can help you get a head start on developing and receiving approval for layouts that include the Logo. Please let your PARS Sales Rep know if you require a Sample Logo.
- Customers may not create or modify Logo files.
- All Annotated Logos are created by PARS and are subject to publisher approval.
- Logos are delivered in publisher approved fonts and colors and are usually available in greyscale.
- Alternate colors (e.g., to match with your advertising creative) may be available and are subject to publisher approval.
- Logos may be scaled in their original proportions and must be used in their entirety.
If you have a particular design challenge in incorporating the Logo or Accolade into your layout, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
There is an endless variety of Advertising and Promotional Uses in which you can use Logos and Accolades.
Each Use must be specifically permitted on your license for it to be eligible for use. Below are the definitions we use and examples of types of licensable Uses.
- Inclusion of a logo and/or accolade in a layout that will be used in a paid medium. Some examples:
- Paid Social Media use (e.g. promoted Tweets; sponsored Facebook and LinkedIn posts)
- Web banner and video ads
- Mobile web ads
- Search advertising
- Television advertising
- Out-of-home adverting
- Print advertising
- Inclusion of a Logo and/or Accolade in a layout that will be used in an owned medium. Some examples:
- Unpaid Social Media use – (e.g., company managed Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages)
- In-store signs
- Corporate website pages
- Brochures printed and distributed to employees and existing customers.
SUBMISSION AND APPROVAL OF LAYOUTS
Most Logo and Accolade licenses require submission of sample and/or actual layouts to PARS for review and approval before the layouts “go live” for any Advertising or Promotional Use.
The PARS team will be happy to answer any questions regarding your use of Logos and Accolades, how they apply to your license and how they can be used in your layouts.
- Logos and Accolades must be distinct (not “attached to” or part of another graphic) within the layout.
- Logos and Accolade use may not imply an endorsement by the publication and must stay “true” to the published content.
- Most licenses require the posting of a credit notice and/or a disclaimer on the layout. Please see below for details on credit notices and disclaimers.
Your layout submissions will be handled most expediently via e-mail at the email address listed on your license.
Layouts are reviewed as they are received and receive feedback generally within one business day. The feedback will consist of approval or recommendations on how to amend the layout in order to receive approval.
PARS will work closely with you to ensure that you receive feedback in time to meet your advertising and promotional deadlines.
If you have any questions about the layout approval process please contact PARS Customer Service Manager, Elana King at 212-221-9595 x 230.
If you have questions about the terms of your license or wish to purchase additional licensed uses please contact your PARS Sales Rep.
Credit notices and disclaimers are required to be published in conjunction with the use of Logos and Accolades. Their inclusion protects the copyrighted content, legitimizes the use, readily identifies the use as authorized and explains any limitations of the use.
Required credit notices and disclaimers are outlined in the Terms & Conditions of your licensing agreement.
- Notices and disclaimers must appear in connection with, immediately following, or on the same page where the Logo or Accolade first appears in each layout.
- In cases where this is not practical, (e.g. Logo use in a banner ad), the notice and disclaimer can be placed on the first (linked) page the Logo or Accolade directs the user to.
- In some cases the notice will be incorporated in the logo and will not be required to be listed separately. This will be noted in the Terms and Conditions and logo design.
- Modifications or abbreviations of notices may be permitted in limited instances. If you have any questions regarding the placement of notices, please contact PARS Customer Service Manager, Elana King at 212-221-9595 x230.